Monday, June 3, 2013

Deepika Padukone: 'I started my Bollywood journey in London'

The Bollywood star said that she has had strong ties with the country ever since the London premiere of her debut film Om Shanti Om.


"I'm grateful that my films have done well in the UK. The UK is like home to me and I miss being there. I started my journey right in Leicester Square, London at the premiere of Om Shanti Om," Padukone told Bolly News UK

"Then I have shot for films like Love Aaj KalHousefullDesi Boyz and Cocktail in London and in the UK. It's a special place for me and it will always remain so."

Padukone went on to speak about her latest film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, drawing comparisons between her character in the film and who she is in real life.

"For me, Naina Talwar is me. I was the reference point. I did not have to research. I did not have to observe anyone else. I just had to be me," she revealed.

The actor also spoke about her excitement at the recent success of Cocktail in the Russian market.

"It feels really special. I never thought that my movie would restart the trend of Hindi movies in Russia. When I think about Hindi films in Russia, I think about Rajnikanth or Raj Kapoor movies. It feels great that Cocktail started the trend and now Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani will release there too."

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani opened on Friday (May 31) to strong collections and positive word of mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment